- "Love is the reflection of God's unity in the world of duality. It constitutes the entire significance of creation. If love were excluded from life, all the souls in the world would be superficial and mechanical. It is because of love that the contacts and relations between individual souls become significant; and it is Love that gives meaning and value to all the happenings in the world of duality."
- "The Divine Theme underlying this bewildering fantasy of our universal life is the romance of the soul with God." Meher Baba says: "At the beginning you are conscious of nothing but emptiness, frustration, superficiality and the gnawing chains of bondage, but gradually you attain an increasingly fuller and freer expression of love, and ultimately merge into the Divine Beloved, to realize the Unity of the lover and the Beloved in the Supreme and eternal Fact of God as Infinite Love."
Nobody can create this highest aspect of love in himself —''It is the gift of grace."
When this love is born "you have only one desire; and that one desire is to be spiritually
united with the Divine Beloved. Such withdrawal of consciousness from all other desires,
desires, leads to infinite purity."
- "Through the intensity of this ever-growing love you eventually break through the shackles of your selfish existence."
- "All differences of duality between lover and the Beloved will then be overcome and the lover realizes that he exists for the Beloved just in the same way as the Beloved exists for him. To Him you are ever willing to offer everything—your very life."
- "When the lover and the Beloved are one—that is the end and the beginning of life itself."
- "One who gets that love gets God."
- "You cannot find God until you experience God in His Essence as Infinite Love."
- ''Philosophies and intellectual gymnastics make you only intellectually certain about the existence of God. Unless and until you are possessed by that love, you can never behold illumination and vision making you realize that Love is the Divine Verb."
"Through the experience of Divine Love you realize that the whole of the