thoughts for reward in the life to come. And although this Sahkam Bhakti is nothing but beggary, it is all the same the beginning of true Bhakti, for, while begging directly or indirectly of God for any kind of favors, the worshipper sincerely praises God. Because the praise, actuated by the thoughts of gain, is from the heart, it is likely to turn into disinterested praise, which in turn leads to Nishkam Bhakti.
Variations on the Spiritual Theme of LOVE
Expressed by Meher Baba on various occasions. Compiled by
I. Divine Love
- "There can be no arguing with the imperative claims of Divine Love; to deny love is to deny one's own true being; it is self-betrayal and complete extinction, which life is not prepared to accept."
- "In order to make man experience the unifying order of love which makes man realize the natural equality permanently, man has to submit to the greatest law of God, which is Love."
- "Love holds the key to all problems: cultural, national, international, racial, religious—inasmuch as under this law, the Infinite is realized completely at all times in every walk of life, be it science, art or human relationship."
- "Creative leadership will have to recognize and emphasize the fact that all men are already united with each other, not only by their co-partnership in the great Divine Plan for earth, but also by virtue of their all being equally the expression of One Life. No line of action can be really helpful or fruitful, unless it is in entire harmony with this deep Truth. The future of Humanity is in the hands of those who have vision."
- "You are already parts of one life, and as such, brotherhood is not something which is to be brought into existence through laborious efforts, but is the supreme Fact which claims your recognition and whole-hearted allegiance as soon as you have the candidness and the courage to face the Truth."