comments after it was over. Baba said that the havoc played by the monkey on the roof of His room on the day He had decided to lengthen the Seclusion, was deeply significant to His work and that which is to happen after 21st May.
After this, it was natural for us not to dismiss as 'coincidence' a couple of incidents that made a tailpiece to the Monkey chapter. One was, that just two mornings prior to our arrival in Poona a large black-faced monkey visited Baba House in Poona, the house where Baba's brother Beheram lives with his family, where Beloved Baba lived as a youth. As reported by His niece Gulnar, the monkey settled down on the roof of Baba's Room. It sat there for quite a while, seeming content and very much at home, enjoying the fruits it found on trees in the patio of the house. Then it loped off gracefully over the network of neighboring rooftops, and has not been seen around since then. The other incident relates to the Irani New Year, 'Jamshedi Navroz', which falls on 21st March when day and night are of equal length. Signifying the season of Spring and a day of thanksgiving, Jamshedi Navroz is believed to be Persia's most ancient festival dating back to over 10,000 years, and is observed with much rejoicing in the home of every Irani. The turn of each new year is worked out with astronomical precision: the exact time it will begin to turn, the color it will signify, the form of animal it will symbolically assume. And this year, Navroz has assumed the form of a Monkey! This is predicted to indicate a lot of world trouble and chaos in the current year.
- “In 1950, at Mahabaleshwar, dear Baba declared in the form of a "Ghazal" which was composed by dear Baba Himself — that the signal for his Silence to come to an end, would be when His Word and Message are on the lips of every single person — i.e. — when there is a heart-rending cry from each soul. The "Awakening" and the Time for the Word are indeed close at hand."
— from a letter from Dadi, Eruch's cousin (1967)
- "The whole world will come to know who I am when I break my Silence."
- "The fortunate ones are they who know me now, before I manifest universally."
- "Many years ago, when His Silence was in its teens, Baba told His disciples (to the effect) that "Now I am like a Lion that is caged — people come to see it and admire it, can afford to trifle with the majesty of its power, are indifferent or ignorant of its might.
"But none would be left in ignorance or doubt were the lion to spring from its cage! When I come out of my Silence, my Divine Identity will be manifest to all, my Glory will reveal itself, the impact of my Love will be felt universally."
- "The fate of the Universe hangs on my Seclusion and the redemption of Mankind depends on my Manifestation."