- The moth loves perfectly. It does not mind being consumed. It has no thought of self.
- You only keep that which you let go. You have already lost a thing when you feel you have to hold it.
- Sometimes I pass My time in counting the evolutionary numbers. It is infinite, this Illusion, as infinite as God. This is zero. The Illusion is zero. The result is zero. But that which produces the zero is infinite in its working. That is, 7 minus 7 is zero. 8 minus 6 plus 2 is zero. 1,000 minus 500 plus 500 is zero. You can bring about this result (of zero) in an infinite number of ways. Why (take) the trouble? To have consciousness. The smell is in the rose, but not the smelling. God has power, bliss, light, peace, but He wants to express Himself. So, to gain consciousness, all this fun. And what fun! I love the fun ... yet in this fun I suffer infinitely.
- Suffering is essential for the elimination of the ego . . . just as it was necessary for you to wash the stain off My coat.
- For nearly twelve years no word has passed My lips. Yet I am never silent. I speak eternally. The voice that is heard deep within the soul is My voice . . . the voice of inspiration, of intuition, of guidance. Through those who are receptive to this voice, I speak.
My outward silence is no spiritual exercise.
Once a devotee asked a Perfect Master why He fasted. The Perfect One replied, "I am not an aspirant. I am Perfect. So I am not fasting to attain perfection. It is for others that I fast." A spiritual aspirant cannot act like One who has attained to perfection, but One who is Perfect can, for the sake of others, act like an aspirant.
One who has received a Master of Arts degree can write the alphabet on a board to teach children, but it does not mean he is no longer a Master of Arts.
So My silence has been undertaken and maintained solely for the good of others.
- It is better to study It than to be ignorant of It; better to feel It than to study It! better to experience It than to feel It; best of all, to become It.