beautiful messages and circulars, "Song of the New Life," “The New Life," "Baba's Sermon," and "Manonash." These will be read, reread and cherished to the endless end. Below is Baba's message, "The New Life," published October 3, 1950:
"Although the New Life has emerged from me, I am not at all bound by it . . . But this New Life is endless, and even after my physical death will be kept alive by those who live the life of complete renunciation of falsehood, lies, hatred, anger, greed and lust; and who, to accomplish all this, do no lustful actions, do no harm to anyone, do no backbiting, do not seek material possessions or power, who accept no homage, neither covet honor nor shun disgrace, and fear no one and nothing; by those who rely wholly and solely on God, and who love God purely for the sake of loving, who believe in the lovers of God and in the reality of Manifestation, and yet do not expect any spiritual or material reward, who do not let go the hand of Truth, and who, without being upset by calamities, bravely and wholeheartedly face all hardships with 100% cheerfulness, and give no importance to caste, creed, and religious ceremonies.
"This New Life will live by itself eternally, even if there is no one to live it."
On the 1st of January, 1949, Baba sent out from Meherabad, Pimpalgaon, a circular to all his devotees and followers which contained ten points. I quote the most poignant (abbreviated):
1. “A warning of a great personal disaster ahead.
2. "The mandali (men and women) will be faced by real tests and trials . . . and only a few real disciples might stand up to them.
3. "All men and women who believe in me should observe silence for one full month in July, 1949 (Baba's seclusion was from June 20th, 1949).
5. "From February, 1949, 'till end of 1949, no correspondence of any kind with anyone anywhere except by telegram or telephone when very necessary.
6. “All disciples and devotees to be more engrossed in God than in Maya by being less selfish and more sacrificing.
9. “The year 1949 marks an artificial end to an artificial beginning and the real beginning to the real end.
10. "Although I am in everyone and in everything and my work is for the spiritual awakening of all mankind, I am always aloof from politics of any kind. My disciples and devotees should continue as before to abstain from taking part in political activities or discussions."