him all detailed instructions. Donkin will be staying in Ahmednagar, Bombay, etc. from 16th October onwards. He will come to America few days ahead of us with special instructions from me.
"So now, you beloved lovers of Baba, be happy that at last you have made it possible for me to come to the West. Love to you both."
Then due to Baba’s health and work, a further postponement was made. Quoting a letter of January 23rd, 1952, from Don to Elinora:
"Baba had so much work to do and interviews to give when he came out of seclusion on February 16th that I suggested it would be better to give Baba an extra ten days before flying to America—in short, to change Baba's present provisional booking for March 31st to approximately April 10th. Baba thought this might worry you and make you doubt that he meant to come. He therefore wants you to cable your approval of April 10th or your disapproval. If you cable disapproval he will push things through. So please cable 'approved' or ‘not approved.' If you reply 'approval,' he will fly on the nearest flight to April 10th and if you reply 'not approved' he will fly on March 31st. In any case I really do feel Baba does mean to come this time and I had never felt this before. Incidentally seven trunks are being shipped for New York tomorrow, the 24th, containing clothes of Baba and the woman and also some Indian spices, dahl, etc. . . . ”
To which Norina, I believe, cabled to Dr. Donkin: "Baba asks whether the 10th of April suits us—Anything! Everything suits us as long as he comes.”
At the same time the following message was circulated to all concerned:
“The necessary arrangements having been successfully completed by Elizabeth and Norina, I shall, if God so wills and if I am alive, come to the West next year. I shall fly first direct to America. Later in the year I shall stay a few weeks in England, France and Switzerland. In order that the results of my work from October 16th-February 16th, 1952, may be fully manifested in the western world, either with the fullest success or as an utter failure—I must be in seclusion for the first two weeks of my stay in America. I therefore want no publicity of any kind, either when I leave or when I arrive in America. After these first two weeks of seclusion I shall see everyone everywhere, because eventually, I shall have to give to the world the results of my four months' work."